The best way, I think, to describe the weekend I had is painful. Pair a 'get 'er done' Mom with an 'I can do it later' son, and throw in a science project, and it's simply inevitable. My son's work strategy is as follows:
1. Chug through one step in the process of finishing a science project due on Monday (this may take anywhere from 5-30 minutes).
2. Breathe a sigh of relief.
3. Congratulate oneself.
4. Inform Mom that you're taking a 5-30 minute break, depending on what you think you can get away with.
5. Indulge oneself in a well-deserved break.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 about 50 times while Mom seethes with frustration.
Two highlights: The Doris Day movie my boys watched with me Friday night (a much-needed break from The Project), which they LOVED...you still got it, Doris! And Secretariat, which we saw at the dollar theater today because Grandma and Grandpa came down to visit. Really good movie. I recommend. It probably would have been even better without the headache.