Friday, May 14, 2010

Wanted: Advice from Cool People

Last year I collected all the photos and video I had of each of the boys' classes and created a little end-of-year video for each, set to music. Both classes watched it during their end of year party. It's that time of year again, and I'm on the hunt for a soundtrack (or two). Here are some of the songs under consideration:

Dancin' in the Streets...Billy Idol

Heatwave...Martha and the Vandellas

You Make My Dreams Come True...Hall and Oates *recently rediscovered via 500 Days of Summer


Here are a couple that were considered but rejected

Celebration ...Kool & The Gang *gotta love it, but it's overdone

YMCA ...The Village People *ditto

I'm So Excited ...The Pointer Sisters *maybe a little inappropriate

I Will Survive...Gloria Gaynor *more for me than them

I feel that--just maybe--I need to fast-forward things twenty or thirty years. Any suggestions for age appropriate spunky dance music??

Last year, I used a series of Disney Mania songs like When You Wish Upon a Star and Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride. If that helps.

5 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Not cool on this end and most of my songs stop short in the 1980s. "Glory Days" by Springsteen?

s + b said...

hmmm maybe some summery songs by jason mraz or jack johnson? hope that helps.

you are a great mom, i am definitely going to make those videos for my kids when they're in school - what a wonderful thing to do!

Beth said...

Not cool enough - sorry! ;)
And my kids are of a different musical generation. But best of luck!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Footloose?

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Thanks for the recommendations!

And how sweet, s+b! Thank you!