Monday, May 11, 2009

Good Mother's Day Memories

I hope all the moms had a lovely Mother's Day! Mine was very nice. I had the school-made gifts from both my boys--a painted tile to use as a coaster from the younger and a iron-bead magnet creation from the older. The older also wrote a poem and the younger a letter. I'm including it in its entirety here:

Dear Mom, you are the best Mom I've ever had and you will allways be my faverot mom forever! I never want you to die or else all cry. I allways want you with me. If you are not with me I would be crying and I would be very very sad and mad. I would be nothing without you.

On the back is a picture of me singing, "Sunshine, sunshine" while a lizard snaps a fly off my leg with his tongue. Love it.


I got my store-bought present right before church. It was presented to me in a red Foley's box, which makes me think I need to clean out my gifting supplies as we've not had a Foley's in these parts in probably five years. Inside was a pink polka-dot shortie bathrobe, two Target gift cards (one each from my boys), and a pretty little wrapped package from Lavish, an Aveda spa near my house. Unwrapping produced a gift card and the prettily typed information that it was good for a manicure, pedicure, and a Brazilian. My eyes practically bugged out of my head, because there was no way--NO WAY--that I would be cashing that last part in. And besides, what sort of Mother's Day gift is that? I glance up at my husband (likely panic in my eyes), and he's giggling delightedly. Apparently he typed the info onto the Lavish card just to freak me out.

Loveable dork.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

Love the letter. :)

As for the last part of the gift card...I'm with you! LOL

Leslie said...

LOL lol lol..your husband sounds like mine!!!lol

Sarakastic said...

all I have to say is owwie.

Stacy said...

Loveable dork, indeed.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds like a hoot:) That is a great Mother's Day gift, indeed.

Runny Babbit said...

well see...at least you knew what a brazilian was. i asked for one once because i'd heard people reference them without actually knowing what it was...pain. mind-numbing pain.