Friday, March 06, 2009

A Couple of Letters

To Conscientious Food Product Executives:

I can't hold it in any longer--I have to ask: Why is it that all the inventive new flavors dreamed up by your Flavor Imagineers are diet?? Don't I, as a boycotter of artificial sweeteners, deserve a little variety, a little change of pace? Is it because I'm indulging in the sugar that you believe I don't need the extra flavor boost? Sugar is not a flavor on its own--it needs a little boost, be it black cherry or banana. Please consider that I speak for many a disgruntled consumer.

Thank you for your attention,
A Fan of Real Sugar

and...

To Conscientious Food Retail Executives:

I can't hold it in any longer--I have to ask: Why is it that you tend to reserve (what seems to me to be) more and more shelf space for the products made with artificial sweeteners? Why aren't you stocking an equal balance of soda and pudding flavors in both the sugared and sugar-free varieties? I implore you...make the space, set out your sugared products, and we will come (and buy).

Thank you for your attention,
A Fan of Real Sugar

5 comments:

Sarakastic said...

Real sugar is yummy. Artificial sugar just tastes kinda gross & can't be that healthy. -Another fan of real sugar

mslizalou said...

I do want real sugar in some thing still, but I do go the sugar-free route too. I'm totally hooked on diet coke and diet mt. dew. The only "sugar" soft drink I can drink anymore is sprite, and even then I have to be sick. I do however, prefer to have real sugar in my sweet tea. No artificial sweetner taste the same in tea.

Keri Mikulski said...

Yummy sugar. :)

No sugar free for me.

Caryn Caldwell said...

Good question! Of course, they so often use corn syrup instead of real sugar, which has its own downsides. Give me real sugar over corn syrup *or* artificial sweeteners!

Barrie said...

My children completely concur with you.