Monday, May 12, 2008

You're not gonna believe this, but...

My cake wasn't 'all that'. It was good...but not moan-inducing, toe-curling, unbelievably good. Perhaps something went wrong. Or maybe I'm just a simple girl, completely satisfied with cake from a Betty Crocker mix. Oh well. I'll be trying some more Pioneer Woman recipes just as soon as my butter-level drops back down to normal levels.

Thanks very much for all the Mother's Day wishes. I ended up getting some good stuff. Not that it's about the gifts...they just happen to be the best part.

I did get a little afternoon break--long enought o finish The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart, and I loved it. I highly recommend it. Now I'm on the hunt for the other books she's written. Dramarama looks very good, and Fly on the Wall has a great premise (a 16-yr-old gets turned into a fly and wakes to find herself in the boys' locker room). It's going to be fun catching up!

So...having been tagged by Sara Hantz, I'm going to give you the teeniest little glimpse into TDHoFL-B. Here are the tag rules.

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you’ve posted your three sentences.


So, from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart...I give you page 123, sentences 6-8:

"I'm not mad." And she wasn't. Not exactly.

Admit it...your appetite is well and truly whetted.

Anyway, I tag

Stephanie

Virginia

Sarakastic

Trish

Joanne

5 comments:

Beck said...

No? You didn't love it? I find that sometimes it helps to figure out what a certain recipe was missing and then go from that point next time. I made a cake tonight, and the whole time I was eating my peice, I kept mentally tweaking the recipe.

Stephanie J said...

Aww how sad! I guess everything PW posts can't be the best...

Can't wait to read Disreputable. It looks so good!

Unknown said...

i saw this tag and plan on doing it, but i have to wait until i'm at home near my books. i'm at work and the only thing in reaching distance is not something that anyone would find interesting. :) thanks for the tag!

Stacy said...

I was thinking of making from-scratch cupcakes. Should I reconsider?

I think I may steal your meme. Even a lazy blogger like me can handle that one.

Eileen said...

But think of what all that good dairy did for your bones!

Thanks for the add to the to be read list.