Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Thursday 13

Thirteen Things To Do in Austin, TX That I Have Done


1. Watched the Congress Avenue bats--the largest urban population of bats in the U.S.--come out at sunset

2. Sarah MacLachlin concert at The Backyard. October Project Opened.

3. Canoeing on Town Lake (mentioned last week)

4. Waterskiing on Lake Travis (I was up for about half a second, but I tried)

5. Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

6. A visit to the LBJ Presidential Library

7. Mount Bonnell: a short little hike and the most amazing views

8. The Old Pecan Street Festival--a big arts and crafts festival held on the streets of Downtown.

9. A visit to the Whole Foods World Headquarters and Landmark Store and the first Central Market

10. Barbeque at The Salt Lick (slightly outside of Austin, but still very popular with the locals). Served buffet style.

11. Graduated with honors from the College of Engineering in the largest public university in the nation (at the time), The University of Texas at Austin.

12. One pub on Sixth Street: Fado's. I'm not much of a drinker...or carouser.

13. Many, many visits to the Chuy's Chain of Restaurants


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




10 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like there are a lot of very cool things to do around you. I've been lucky enough to see Sara sing twice in concert. She's amazing. :)

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Very cool. I need to get out more;))

Darla said...

Cool! I think I'll need to print this list out for next summer when we (crossing my fingers, knocking on wood) move back to San Antonio. :)

Stacy said...

Whole Foods headquarters? I must be the hugest loser for thinking that sounds like fun. Or just really fond of organic produce :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Between what you haven't done and what you have, it sounds like you live in a really cool area. I might need to visit so we can tick some of those things off last week's list.

Danika Dinsmore said...

I actually read about the bats somewhere.

Stacy, I'm with you. Whole Foods Headquarters, I'm so there!

One of these days I'll make it to Austin! Maybe on my book tour. :-)

Vicki said...

Wow, lot's of cool things to do there.

Julie S said...

Ooohhh....I would LOVE to visit the Whole Foods HQ!

Travis Erwin said...

I've lived in Texas all my life, but I've only driven through Austin. I definitly need to visit.

Unknown said...

Jason and I really love Austin...so much more scenic than dreary old Houston. Mt. Bonnell is beautiful! And I've seen the bat thing once...so cool!