Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Think I've Been Officially Adopted

As a substitute teacher. I honestly can't remember the last time I had the full five hours of my Mother's Day Out time to write. I think the director is kinda using me as a fallback girl--she even asked me today if I was available to work Thursday. I told her I could. Why, you might ask, did I tell her that? Because I can work. I don't have a pressing commitment--I just want to write. I figure I'm doing the program a favor--they do need someone after all. Besides, I have trouble saying no.

Favorite quote of the day from my time with the 2 yr olds:
Me (after seeing some groping action): Do you need to go potty?
Him: No, I've just got a fire in my hiney.
Uh-huh.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I love kid speech! How funny!

Beck said...

A fire in his hiney! Ah, little boys are just so disgusting!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

OMG kids are just too funny.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

A fire in my hiney....!!! hahahahaha!

But anyway, moving on, YOU GOTTA MAKE TIME FOR WRITING! And yes, I did just blog-yell that at you. :) No but seriously. You gotta. If you don't, who will? If not now, when?

I don't know; I just relate so much to not making time for it, that when other people do it...I get all panicky. I hope you're having fun subbing, though.

Kat said...

That is why I work in daycare, they keep you on your toes lol.