Saturday, September 02, 2006

Goodbye to 'Freak Girl'

Yay! Hooray! Freak Girl is but a memory now... I returned to the salon yesterday to get my highlights subdued, and now I feel much, much better about things. It was a different colorist, and she made me MUCH more comfortable. She showed me little swatches of hair color, told me which one was mine and asked me to pick what I wanted. Simple, right? Sounds like something the other colorist should have done... Now I basically have my own color back, but brighter and shinier. I'm happy.

But there's a catch. She did tell me that the toner will wear off and that the 'Freak Girl' coloring will come back. Maybe the same, maybe more subdued, but it will come back just the same. So I guess I'll have to go in again to get more toner applied.

This whole highlighting process just seems like one big hassle. I'd planned to just buy a do-it-yourself kit from Target and go it alone, but my husband thought it would be better to stick with the professionals. Well the 'professionals' cost me 10-15X as much! And probably four times as long. There's definitely something to be said for doing it yourself!

Still...one less thing to worry over.

No comments: