Monday, September 25, 2006

Day Eight

New pages today: 12
Total page count: 100 pages!!

Yay! I pushed back through the jungle of internal editing and actually upped my pages today! Whew! Another prime writing day tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers...

Really nothing has been going on with me for the last week plus. I've been devoting most of my free time and mental capacity to my WIP. However, I thought I'd share this sweet little story...

My little one and I have been listening to Michael Buble in the car (he only likes the fast songs), and today we finally made it to the end of the CD and I've Got You Under My Skin. So he asks me what 'under your skin' means. I tell him it means you're thinking about someone alot and maybe it's sort of bothering you a little it. (Like I have this Fast Draft under my skin). There's a quiet moment, and then he says, "So do you got daddy under your skin." I just smiled and said, "A little bit."

And to borrow a Galaxy Quest quote I saw on Amanda Ashby's site (somewhere...): 'Never Give Up! Never Surrender!' What a perfect motto for Fast Draft.

4 comments:

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Aw, very sweet. Good luck on your writing.

Trish Ryan said...

That's so cute!

That quote made me think of the Cory Hart song, "Never surrender," which is now echoing through my brain, propelling me to get to work on my writing to stop the awful tune!

Whatever gets the writing done :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Thanks Kari!

Trish, Now I'm going to have to try very hard not to get that song stuck in my head. Thanks for that!

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Too much cuteness!!!

And you're doing great on the BI2W. I think it's fine to take a hiatus--even smart. Just make sure you get back to it in a couple days, and you'll probably do even better than you would have just working straight through.