Sunday, July 30, 2006

Press Releases

I found this Wild Mind blog several weeks ago, and (because she's a little spotty about her posts) finally checked back today. In her latest post, she writes about not really knowing anything about press releases and subsequently reading up. While I was attempting to write a press release for my first book, I was searching for any little bit of information that would spark the media's attention. I wrote several varieties, all touting different aspects of my life or the book. Evidently I wasn't very successful--to my knowledge my book was mentioned only in one paper of rather limited distribution.

My next book is contemporary and set in Texas, so maybe the local angle will help a little (since I was born here and live here still). But just in case it doesn't, I have another plan... In her latest blog, Wild Mind talks about a free 89 tip tutorial for writing press releases, given by Joan Stewart of Publicity Hound. After reading the promo, I signed up....I should be receiving my first tip shortly. I also plan to surf back over and read some of her other articles. I can use all the help I can get...

No comments: