Thursday, July 20, 2006

Five Days, Counting Today

I really do need to stop surfing, or blog-bouncing, as the case may be, and get on to my WIP. I'm kind of on a roll here and more than a little bit excited about it. I have worked on my manuscript everyday since Sunday, so if I count today...and why not be optimistic...let's! Then, I've got five days in a row under my belt. And I'm really going to try hard to keep the momentum going. But first, some comments (because I'm also doing my darnedest to blog everyday)...

Fellow RWA chapter member, Sandra K. Moore will be chatting this evening at 8:00CST at Novel Talk. She writes for Silhouette Bombshell, and her second book is on my TBR stack, newly signed. Come meet this quirky chick!

Next...I'm getting the best insights into the bookseller perspective (at least one side of it). Recent blogs include a summary of how her store chooses selections over and above the buyer's choices, and a summary of what not to do if you want to get a local bookseller's attention.

And some good news over at Kristin Nelson's blog. In speaking with editors, Agent Kristin reveals that historicals may be making a comeback, and that chick-lit is still a viable genre (with the right voice and an original story).

Now I'm off to write!

No comments: