Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sneak Peeks


I just finished reading Emily Giffin’s latest, Baby Proof. It is scheduled to be released in June of this year, but I was lucky enough to get Advanced Readers’ Edition from St. Martin’s Press. I must tell you, I loved it. It has all of the appeal of Something Borrowed and Something Blue with an entirely new cast of appealingly layered and funny characters. (Although one memorable character from the S.B books did make a pivotal appearance). The story is unique, with the perfect balance of emotional highs and lows to keep it from being too heavy (or in my opinion, too literary). I highly, highly recommend it.


I also have another ARC on my TBR stack, and I must confess to feeling very self-important. I’m to have the pleasure of reading and reviewing the debut novel of a fellow member of the Houston Bay Area RWA chapter. Sophie Jordan’s book, Once Upon a Wedding Night is scheduled to be released in August 2006, and I’m very much looking forward to the read. A wonderful debut author is always a treasured find.

I do believe the day I’m quoted on another author’s cover is the day I’ve made it…so I’m hoping to read more ARC’s in the future...and of course become a much-sought after author in my own right... Reading a book before it’s released is like knowing a secret before everyone else does…and being able to talk about it!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Last July I got a number of autographed books at National. A few months later one of the books was being advertised on another author's blog as just being released. I went and dug up my copy and sure enough, it was an ARC. If I'd known, I would have read it immediately, as it is, it is still in my TBR pile.

I have an ARC coming to me soon though and I plan on reading it the second I get it. :-D

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Hi Lucy,
Are you going to National this year? I'm waiting for Dallas next year...

Are you a member of a Texas RWA chapter? Just curious...

Lucy said...

Yes, I'm going to National again. And yes I'm a member of a Texas RWA chapter - HBA RWA as a matter of fact. :-D