Friday, September 10, 2010

Recharging...Resetting...Something

This week has seemed so long, which is a little weird, because it was a short week. Or it should have been. I got launched from my little excursion to Canton right into a hostess gig at my inlaws lakehouse. With them out of town for the weekend, my husband invited a couple of friends from work and their families out to spend a couple days. I think it went very well, but honestly, I found it exhausting. I like my weekends to be take-it-easy days with lots of reading packed in around the edges. That didn't happen.

And because I didn't get that time to recharge my energy, I have had the roughest time all week getting up in the morning...at 7:15!! That's not even early, but every day this week, I was staggering bleary-eyed out of bed, trying to hustle my kids to school on time. Then everyday around four o'clock, I was dragging. Possibly I should have stopped staying up late to read my book, but I couldn't help it! It's good. And I've got books lining up behind it, on hold from the library, calling my name.

Today was the same...but rather than write in the afternoon (shame on me!), I took the boys to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I admit to a certain fondness for Nicolas Cage...and now I have a fondness for Jay Baruchel too--he was the apprentice. Seriously, this was a clever movie, both sweet and funny, and I found myself smiling almost the whole way through. Hopefully I have been reset and can rest easy, ready for next week (and the weekend, which will be heavy on the books).

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jillian said...

I hope you get some time to relax!!! I too fond this week to seem unending

Stacy said...

Hope you get your energy back.

Jagged Edges said...

Alyssa, not was my week rough, but my weekend was just as bad! I need a REDO!

Hope you got to relax and feel recharged! :)

Anonymous said...

I had the OPPOSITE weekend--the first in ages! I sat on our porch in a sunny spot and READ!