Monday, August 30, 2010

Characters *Definitely* Welcome

I really have to give kudos to the USA Network for coming up with such a quirky, irresistible lineup of shows.



The psychic detective/goofball haphazardly solving murders with his straightlaced sidekick (Psych)

The debonair ex-con art thief working with the savvy FBI agent (White Collar)

The emotionally damaged CIA operative just finding her feet (Covert Affairs)

and, everybody's favorite,

The explosive trio of vigilantes raining justice down on bikini-clad Miami (Burn Notice)

These are truly among my favorite shows. And how savvy was it for USA to stagger their programming, offering up new shows in the summer months when network channels are taking a hiatus. Genius.

I watched a DVR'd Psych last night, an episode that spoofed The Fast & the Furious a bit, right down to the crazy nicknames. (Sidekick Gus ended up being dubbed Mrs. Whittleberry and one of the street racing dudes was nicknamed Juice Box. Both had me giggling.) After that I felt I needed a nickname. This site was recommended, but both my mafia and gangsta names were rather crude. My pirate name, on the other hand was Puffy Shirt Corliss. I could maybe work with that. (Unless that's crude too and I don't even know it!!)

5 comments:

Jillian said...

My husband and I are 100% addicted to Burn Notice and White Collar. We do enjoy the occasional episode of psych as well.

Burn Notice and White collar, *sigh*.... my loves.

David Cranmer said...

I havent't seen any of these shows but you piqued my interest with "vigilantes raining justice down on bikini-clad Miami."

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Oh, I hear you, Jill!

David! You haven't seen these shows? Your coolness rating is taking a hit!! (only kidding) Seriously though, I think you'd be entertained.

David Cranmer said...

Gosh, there is just not enough hours in the day. But I've made a note. My charmer and I pick a new show every couple of weeks to watch and these sound up my alley.

Anonymous said...

thank goodness for cable, right?