Thursday, April 08, 2010

I gotta admit, I'm intrigued...

This book, Soulless by Gail Carriger, has been on the fringes of my awareness for a little while now. It looks intriquing; the author is repped by the very respectable Nelson Literary Agency, and right on the cover it tempts with, "A Novel of Vampires, Werewolves, and Parasols."

Now even if you're a little overwhelmed by all the paranormal lately, you kind of have to wonder how the author has mixed Victorian London, steampunk, and a 'comedy of manners' with all that other stuff. No, seriously, you have to. So...I've decided to read it for myself to see if the hype is justified. If I'm drawn in by the adventures of Alexia Tarrabotti, there are two more novels in the series just waiting in the wings for me. I'll let you know.

I also found this little video, outlining the cover design process for Book 3, Blameless. Very cool.


It can also be found here if it refuses to load and play for you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued too...

E said...

The cover is all I need to draw me in. Don't you hate that...I pick most of my books because of the cover :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I'm the same, Elizabeth. Gotta have a good cover...

Sarakastic said...

I don't think I've ever read a bad book with an umbrella on it.

Al said...

Interesting,
having designed my own cover I can appreciate how hard this is.

Al

Publish or Perish

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I can see how that might work out, Sarakastic.

And, Al, I totally know what you mean.