Friday, September 11, 2009

I Give In...

I have succumbed to the lure of Facebook. On Tuesday night I typed in my email and a bit of information and voila! I had potential friends just waiting for me. I sent out a couple of friend requests, got friended back, and that's about it. I haven't joined any groups or played any games or taken any quizzes. You could say I haven't become addicted, and I really don't plan on it. Facebook is what I imagined Twitter to be, maybe on caffeine, and I wholeheartedly agree with someone who recently said, "I just don't care that much about what people are having for lunch." Me either. Mostly I'm having fun searching out people I knew once upon a time and looking at their profile pics. I love seeing who they're married to and what their kids look like. I like seeing that they turned out all right (there were definitely some questionables among my acquaintances). Just now I added a profile picture and specified that I'm married--otherwise my profile is pretty empty. And now my homepage has a little red heart that says, " 'Alyssa' is now married." Whoo-hoo--and here it feels like it's going on fifteen years! I guess it's the honeymoon all over again...

Anybody else out there on Facebook? Although...I can't friend you unless I want to reveal my true (slightly secret) identity. Alyssa is my public persona. But if you can find me I may not be able to resist.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I haven't succumbed yet. Not to Facebook, Twitter or Myspace. Nothing against people who have those accounts, but I just don't get those sites. They just seem like a terrible time sink to me. Maybe I'll cave some day but for now, I'll stick with my little secret blog. :o)

Keri Mikulski said...

LOVE FACEBOOK... But, I have to be careful.. After chatting with my high school friends, old work buds, writing friends,and wall posts, next thing I know it's two hours later.. :) And it's addicting. :) Have fun!

Sarakastic said...

I don't do facebook I signed up and it confused me and I don't like the format. It's too hard to meet hot Canadian hockey players which is the only point of social networking in my life.