Friday, February 27, 2009

Literary Luxury

I was browsing over on Deanna Raybourn's new site, and found that she had been invited to sign her latest, Silent on the Moors at Nora Robert's husband's bookstore in BoonsBoro, Maryland. She had also stayed at the Inn BoonsBoro, an establishment co-owned by Nora Roberts, where all of the rooms are named for famous literary couples, including

Percy and Marguerite (The Scarlet Pimpernel)
Elizabeth and Darcy
Jane and Rochester (Jane Eyre)
Titania and Oberon (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Nick and Nora (The Thin Man)
and the couple created by Ms. Roberts' alter-ego, J. D. Robb: Eve and Roarke

Ms. Raybourn stayed in the Wesley and Buttercup room, which apparently includes a copy of both the book and the movie The Princess Bride. How cool is that??

Pictures of all the rooms are posted on the inn's website, and I must admit I lingered over the pictures, trying to decide which room I'd choose. I have to admit, the Nick and Nora is mighty tempting...but I'd probably have to choose the Elizabeth and Darcy--for obvious reasons.

I mentioned the Inn to my husband last night, really quite impressed with the idea. And after listing the couples, most of whom he is familiar with, I casually asked which room he thought we'd stay in, thinking his view of our relationship would guide his choice. He merely looked at me and said, "It would depend on what the rooms looked like." The "duh!" was silent. Ah well...

P.S. I'm not sure why my links don't show up on their own, but if you run your cursor over 'site' for Deanna Raybourn's website and 'rooms' for the Inn BoonsBoro, there are links.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Actually the links do show up.

Anyway, I would go with the Jane and Rochester room simply because it had a fireplace in the picture. Can't remember if it had a bed or not but really, how important is that anyway? :)

Keri Mikulski said...

Sounds like fun! :)