Sunday, February 22, 2009

Doh!

As the weekend draws to a close and the boys (all of them) "rock out" upstairs, I'm blogging, dear reader, to comment on the supreme irony that touched my life yesterday. I ended Friday ten pages away from the rewrite (first-person present POV -> first-person past POV) an agent had suggested back in November, and on Saturday I got a reply from her on the rewritten first thirty pages. Guess what she said...drumroll please: it still wasn't quite what she was looking for. Doh! Oh well. I do think it's a better version, so anyone I query from here on out will get the new version. And, if I decide to ride the wave of the future one more time via self-publishing, this is, I feel certain, a better book.

Meanwhile, I have a Barnes & Noble gift card burning a hole in my pocket and an Amazon order on the way. Not to mention a meaty library hold list... So, I'm drowning my sorrows (mostly I'm just all talk) with books. Oh...and these look really good. And I just happen to have both a brownie mix and a B.C. cookie mix in the pantry. Things are definitely looking up.

And thank you all so very much for all your encouragement--I truly appreciate it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on being so close to finishing the rewrite and knowing that it is better. It's so tough when agents come back - after reworking- and still say no. Take heart with a better script.
:-)

Sarakastic said...

Sorry it didn't work out, but when it does, you can make those brownies again! They work for every occasion.

D.A. Riser said...

So, do the rewrites get easier when they're being directed from an agent (as opposed to being self-mandated)?

Susan Hatler said...

Good job on the rewrite! Can I have a brownie? Pretty please?

Keri Mikulski said...

Keep working hard... :) And good job on the rewrite.

Enjoy the yummy brownies and your B and N gift card.

Eileen said...

Revisions. I feel your pain. Hang in there. All this trauma prepares you to deal with the publisher. The fun just goes on and on. Makes me think I should go into something like plumbing- but alas- love the writing thing.

Unknown said...

i only shop at B&N when i have a coupon. too expensive at full price! :) but a gift card is always a good thing!