Okay. I think I've put it off long enough...I need to consolidate my resolutions so that I can start working towards them. Somewhat oddly, writing doesn't feature prominantly in this year's resolutions--probably because I'm still so confused about how I want to proceed. This year's list is more domestically-oriented.
1. Make my own pickles from scratch. I already have a recipe I want to try for Sweet and Spicy Pickles. I am a BIG fan of the bread & butter pickle but thought it would be nice to have a little kick. I have no idea what inspired my desire for homemade pickles.
2. My family's dinner repetoire has stagnated. I resolve to try at least two new dinner recipes every month and, hopefully, add them to our monthly/bimonthly mix.
3. I want to get my TBR stack under control. Other than my B&N gift card (and Amazon's free shipping incentive), I'm going to try very hard not to buy any more books until I tackle the ones I have. To that end, I'm going to start carrying a little journal to make note of books I'd like to read sometime in the future.
4. I'd like to take a Girls-Only trip (I already have one planned for April).
5. I plan to decide the fate of my recently finished novel by March.
6. I vow to refocus my efforts on reserving time for pilates.
7. I intend to decide where I want to go with my writing, whether that means a change in plot, a change in genre, or a change in focus.
8. I'm considering giving knitting a try--I covet some Jane Brocket style socks.
9. I hope to re-landscape our flowerbeds to be less prickly and more inviting.
10. I'd like to spend more time outside, grilling, biking, playing, and just enjoying.
So that's it for me...an easy year. Or at least I hope so.