Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's Over...

My husband and I finally plugged our way through the final season of the Gilmore Girls, and I have to admit to being quite satisfied with it. I'd read a few reviews or maybe some blog commentary that it was too pat, too sugar-sweet, but I disagree. I think there was plenty of sad to temper the happy-go-lucky, and I think it tied up several loose ends very nicely.

I had fun watching. We never watched the show while it was on television, and after it went off the air, I just had to see what I was missing. So we plowed our way through seven seasons worth, borrowed from the library, and Lorelai and Rory wormed their way into both our hearts (my husband's very grudgingly)

I love the fast pace and the in-your-face dialog, but one thing that kinda bugged me about the show was that everybody talked fast and furious. Initially I got the impression that it was just going to be the Gilmore girls, but almost everyone in the show talks at a fever pitch. What's up with that? It's a small town--slow down and take it easy!

Anyway...just thought I'd put that out there. I haven't watched Pushing Up Daisies yet...maybe that's next for me.

7 comments:

Stephanie J said...

I might have to copy you and go out and check out some seasons. I watched most of the first seasons, but I'm not sure how many I missed at the end. Two? Three? You're SO right about the dialogue. It was like a speed-talking contest on the show! Sometimes it was more obvious than others but luckily I didn't find it too bothersome.

Sarakastic said...

I notice that when I watch 3-4 episodes of Gilmore Girls in a row I start talking really fast & make a lot of dorothy parker references. I love the way the show ended, it was just as it should have been.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Just pimping for Eileen--I'm holding a contest in honor of Unpredictable, if you want to stop by Manic Mom to enter!

Stacy said...

You beat me to it! I just finished disk 2 of season 7 yesterday.

Vicki said...

I haven't watched them yet, but everyone who has seems to really enjoy them. Maybe that will be Science Guy and my next group of video's. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

For those who haven't watched yet, I do highly recommend the series. Although, as my husband says, 'It's like an overdose of estrogen'.

Stacy, Vicki, love the new pictures!

Unknown said...

"I love the fast pace and the in-your-face dialog" - The banter between Lorelai and Rory was one of my favorite things about the show. That and Lorelai's tortured relationship with her mom. I haven't seen it in aeons and was thinking of renting the DVDs. I guess I will.

Definitely watch Pushing Daisies. It is a great show.