Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blech

Well, I had been doing really good with my writing, getting in at least 2 hrs. at day since almost the beginning of the month (except for one sick day and one travel/prep day). But then I got sick. Friday night, after being convinced by my husband that we were going to have to postpone the Jr. Olympics birthday party due to rain and cold, I started to feel icky. Saturday morning I felt a little worse, and it went downhill from there. Today I'm much better, the sore throat finally having mostly disappeared, but I still don't really feel up to writing. Not sure if it's related to this illness or not, but I have the worst pain in my neck, and I can't even sit in the same position for too long without it bothering me. So anyway, my record is suffering. But the plan is to get back to it tomorrow when the boys go back to school--they had MLK day and a school inservice!!

On the upside, my reading for the year is still going strong! I'm thinking of posting my list of boys read in 2008 as so far it's looking very impressive. This is as a result of lots of dedicated, lying-around time. (Having a new-for-Christmas Wii provides a girl that option.) I picked up my two library holds, No Place Like Here and Dangerous Admissions and read them both. Liked both of them but was really impressed, as usual, by Cecelia Ahern's originality (NPLH). Also started Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos, a middle-grade book that I'm also really enjoying.

But tomorrow, I think it's definitely back to it. And this blog-on-hold thing, while saving me lots (LOTS) of time for writing is actually a little depressing. I feel unconnected. I've subscribed to many of your blogs via bloglines, and that's very nice, because I can easily see who's posted recently and who hasn't, but I'm still falling behind. I feel disconnected. Even my critique partner, who wrote and told me she'd be incommunique during December hasn't gotten back in contact yet. I'm a writer...er, reader adrift. So, I'm going to try to up my blog participation just a little. Oh, and not get sick again. Onward and upward!!

8 comments:

Kelley said...

I spent most of the weekend sick as well. I hate that. It's really hard to pick up the momentum after that!

Barrie said...

Glad to hear you'll posting a bit more. I've missed you. Hope you're feeling totally fine soon.

Travis Erwin said...

Stay well. Like you I sometimes say I'm going to not blog as much but my stepping away never lasts long.

Stephanie J said...

It's taken me two days to respond but I'm glad you're back as well! It's been a slow blogging week overall.

I wonder if you have the mini-flu. Some friends of mine seem to have the symptoms you've had.

Julie S said...

I know what you mean - I've been feeling disconnected for a while now, but I'm happy to be easing back into things. Good luck getting your writing back on track. I hope you feel 100% again soon!

Vicki said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and going to be in the blog world again. We missed you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon.
And wow - you've done so much already and Jan isn't even over yet!

I gave up on Ceceila Ahern's book half way through. I think I'll try it again though!

Nice to have you back blogging!

Unknown said...

Hope you get to feeling better! Have a great weekend!