Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday 3 and a Tough Meme

So, this week's three blogs I'd like to recommend:

1. One Word, One Rung, One Day: Travis Erwin is a writer (and blogger) with a unique perspective and a wacky sense of humor.

2. Sarakastic. This one is cheating a little because I've been reading her for a while, but she's not yet included on my 'Places to Go' sidebar, so judging by laziness standards, she's new. A very snarky perspective.

3. Little Black Dress Books Author Phillipa Ashley. A very jaunty British blog. Honestly? I just like reading all those curious-sounding expressions.


Got this meme from Liz's blog, and although I wasn't tagged, I thought it would be good for me to do it.

Make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It's not really bragging, it's an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you'd like to see share their strengths. (Please consider yourself tagged if you're interested. I don't want to put anyone on the spot).

1. Voice. I've been told before that my writing voice is very strong, that it comes through even in my synopses, and that it's very unique.

2. Humor. I try. I think I'm at least somewhat successful in weaving humorous situations and witty repartee into my writing.

3. Resilience. I'm willing to shift, adjust, tweak, and revise ad nauseum--I'm not the type to give up on a story. I'm also willing to try virtually any writing technique at least once.

4. Yummy heroes. I've been told. I definitely try.

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for the new links and tough meme.

I was tagged for a different meme and then tagged you. :)

Check out my blog for the rules.

Sarakastic said...

Neato, new blogs to read & one of them is mine! I wish that I was a book reviewer just so that someday I could be quoted as saying "yummy heroes" on the book jacket. Someday.

Stephanie J said...

Clearly I don't see first hand how you are at #3, but yes to numbers 1,2, and 4! I can't wait until your next novel comes out! I'm waiting for another yummy hero... :)

Unknown said...

I'm so pleased you done and what excellant strengths......especially Yummy heros.

Philippa's blog and her books are great fun!

Unknown said...

This is a great meme. I wish I was a more resilient writer. I have so many half started stories it's not funny. And yummy heroes are always a good thing!

Misty said...

Thanks for the links and the meme! this was a GREAT excercize!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

You are too sweet, Stephanie!

Thanks for visiting, Misty (and all you other guys). ;)

Travis Erwin said...

My wacky? That is the first time I've ever heard that. :)

Yeah right.

Thanks for the linkage.