Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Mix

I haven't thought of anything much to post about today, but for those of you who are published authors of romance, my RWA chapter is running the Judge-A-Book-By-Its-Cover-Contest again this year for any of you with stellar 2007 covers. We don't have a YA category yet, which is a shame, because there are some awesome YA covers out there, but there's discussion of adding the category for next year. The judges are booksellers from all over the world (U.S., U.K., Australia, N.Z. and Canada...I think). And this year, the Borders/Waldenbooks buyer Sue Grimshaw will also be judging. So this is a great opportunity. For more info, click here.

I was also supposed to post on my progress on getting my 'next' chapter tied up on Monday. I didn't. I tied up a bunch of other loose ends on Monday, and then yesterday I worked at Mother's Day Out and got the weirdest, worst, horrible cramp just below my breastbone for about four hours. * There was no writing during this time. * After it went away, life took over again, and then I had my RWA meeting last night. So I'm working on it today.

At M.D.O. I nearly witnessed a smack-down. There's this one new girl who apparently is used to getting her way and is always grabbing from the other kids, pushing, screaming, etc. (Otherwise she's very sweet). And there's one little girl in particular who gets the brunt of these bad manners. So yesterday, I look over, and the two of them are in the corner, and I watch as the underdog cups her hand around the other's head and smacks it against the wall. My mouth fell open and my eyes bugged out, and before I could get over there, she did it again. Who knows what would have happened if I hadn't pulled her off. Is this just a natural way to fight back, or did she learn this from someone??? Apparently last Thursday I missed the biting, and some other girl pooping all over the bathroom floor. I start working Thursdays only next week. Cross your fingers for me--come on Thursdays!!

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

Refing fights is one thing, cleainf poop entirely another.

I'll keep my fingers crosssed that there will be no sudden bowel movements to ruin your day.