Friday, April 13, 2007

Nothing Much

Okay...jellybean update. After all the talk on the blog the other day, I just couldn't help myself. So I tried vomit. I think they were just trying to psyche out all the poor unsuspecting kids, because it just tasted fruity to me. Or there's always the possibility that Jelly Belly actually thinks vomit tastes like fruit-flavored candy. Either way, it was totally palatable. I also tried bacon. DIS-GUSTING!! Ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. Can't say enough. Flavors still untried: Dirt, Earthworm, Rotten Egg, Sardine.

I mentioned in my Thursday Thirteen that I had a story about 9 1/2 weeks. So here it is. I think it's hilarious, but it could be one of those 'had to be there' kind of jokes. Bear with me.

In college I had this guy friend whom I didn't know all that well but who hung out with guys I knew really well. Let's just say he was a character (and pretty crude--I didn't understand half his comments, and I assume that's the reason). Well, he found out I hadn't seen 9 1/2 weeks. Couldn't believe it, thought that was a travesty.

Well, a week or so later, he borrowed a tape of a movie I'd recorded (can't remember which one). When he gave it back, I watched it (either again or for the first time--can't remember). When fast-forwarding through all the commericals, I noticed there were ads for 9 1/2 weeks. Thinking that a pretty funny coincidence (that we'd been talking about it and suddenly it was on), I mentioned it to my friend. Come to find out, he'd spent HOURS with my tape, recording the racy sections of the movie into the commercial breaks. And I'd fast forwarded through the whole thing without even knowing! It was the perfect revenge.

Hope everyone's writing or reading something good!

5 comments:

Darla said...

That is pretty funny, and it's a great story.

Beck said...

The idea of eating the sardine jellybean squicks me out. Fish! Fish in candy form! Ick!
Hahahah. That's great about 9 1/2 weeks.

xxxx said...

Oh, my gosh, that is too funny!

Stacy said...

You gotta wonder about the Jelly Belly task force who were assigned to create these flavors. Did they find it hilarious to create Harry Potter flavors, or did they think, "Hmm, vomit. That's a pretty accurate description of what I think of my job right now"?

Annie said...

That's an awesome story, Alyssa! Thanks for the chuckle!!