Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weird Weekend

Yesterday I was sick--I either had some sort of weird 24 hr. bug, or else my Zicam doses worked wonders, condensing my cold down into one single day. Either way, it was actually kind of nice. I wasn't too sick so as to be miserable, just under the weather. So my husband was in charge of the boys and even took them off somewhere for several hours in the afternoon. So I read--and finished the ARC I need to write a review for: Too Wicked To Tame by Sophie Jordan. Really, really enjoyed it; highly recommend it. And I watched Anne of Green Gables (the version with Megan Follows) and about half of Anne of Avonlea. I LOVE those movies, based on the books by Lucy Maud Montgomery (which I've never read). They are just so simple, elegant, and moving, while also being funny. Highly recommend those too.

And today we went with the in-laws and the boys to see Bridge to Terabithia. TOTALLY not what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it, and the actor and actress who played the two kids were just fabulous--ones to watch. She's been in something else, but I can't think what... I'm thinking now that I'm just going to have to go and get the book...just to see how different it is. How the author put into words what the movie makers brought to life on film. Just for fun.

7 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

I love the book of Bridge to Terabithia but haven't yet seen the movie. I'll have to see it one of these days ...

Beck said...

Anna-Sophia Robb has been in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and another Walden film, Because of Winn-Dixie. I suspect she's been in a few more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. We don't have a movie theater locally so I'm going to catch that on the weekend...
I LOVE the Anne films.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Never read Anne of Green Gables? *gasp* Just kidding--and not to point a finger at you--but you HAVE to read that series. It's so good. Even reading it the first time as an adult I think you'll love it. And book #8, Rilla of Ingleside (about Anne's youngest daughter coming of age and falling in love during WWI), is quite possibly my all-time favorite romance novel ever.

Stacy said...

The Anne movies are lovely, I'll agree, but the books are so much better. I agree with Catherine about loving them even if you do read them first as an adult (though I've never read Rilla of Ingleside).

Julie S said...

I adore those Anne of Green Gables movies! I must have seen them a hundred times each...but it's been years.

I remember a couple years ago a sequel came out, with Anne and Gilbert during WWII. It wasn't very good :-(

Hope you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

I've heard good things about Bridge to Terabithia, but I know it would upset my oldest daughter so we'll hold off on seeing it.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I want to go see that movie this weekend. I've heard only good things!