Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things I'm Looking Forward To About Spring



1. The sunny, windy days with low humidity

2. The smell of the breeze, the grass, the spring flowers

3. Visits to Home Depot to load up with flats of annuals

4. Texas Bluebonnets

5. Putting away the winter clothes, pulling out capris and skirts and t-shirts. (I don't wear skirts much in the winter--too cold!)

6. Coloring Easter eggs and hiding them.


7. Easter Sunday...pretty spring dresses and handsome duds for the little boys

8. Tiny Jellybird Eggs and Cadbury Creme Eggs

9. The color of spring clothes...geranium, coral, butter yellow (or lemon), lime, periwinkle, lavender.


10. Outdoor activities, trips to the park

11. Spring Break! This year we're going to San Diego!

12. The Ten Commandments...We watch it every year.

13. Mother's Day, a very sweet holiday that I appreciate much more now that I'm a mom.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




15 comments:

Stacy said...

Pretty picture. Are those the Texas bluebonnets? (I'm a complete idiot when it comes to flower names, much to the dismay of my mother.)

Easter candy is the best. I like Doves truffle eggs myself.

Have fun in San Diego!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Great list!
I love the spring.. and San Diego! I'm heading to LA in April though.

Annie said...

Ooo... can't WAIT for Spring!! Guess we'll see tomorrow how much longer we'll have winter :D

Happy TT!!

Lindsey said...

I'm waiting for the warm weather - I'm ready to turn off the heater and open my windows!

Julia said...

I'm ready for spring flowers and nice warm breezy air too! I just love this season..just wish it stop the cold..since it been like this for far too long.

Don't get me wrong...I love snows but...I want the cool air back :)

Happy T13!
http://juliasbookscorner.blogspot.com/

Rene said...

I love spring. I can ride around in my convertible. Summer is too hot and well, winter is too cold. Autumn and spring are perfect.

Unknown said...

I'm definitely looking forward to spring. Good post.

Julie S said...

Wow, your list really made me want Spring to arrive! I dread all the candy though. A girl only has so much will power!

Vicky said...

Great TT!

I love spring, but I love fall. The spring is wonderful because of all the blossoming flowers.

The fall is just as wonderful with the golden, orange, and red leaves.

Love it!!!

Kat said...

Now I really want it to be spring! Great list, 6 more weeks right? well I guess we will see tomorrow.

alisonwonderland said...

ah, spring! i can't wait!

i think spring is my favorite season - the whole idea of "rebirth". and i love that easter chocolate stuff! :o)

happy TT! thanks for stopping by!

Darla said...

*sniff* I miss Texas.... :)

I'm looking forward to spring, too--not that I expect the weather to change (our winter has been very spring-like), but because it would be really nice to have some green to go along with all the gray.

Unknown said...

Spring is a great time of year. I really like jelly bean and only seem to get them at Easter. :)

Beck said...

Now I'm yearning for spring, and it's never spring here in time for Easter. :(

Robyn Mills said...

Great TT - I love spring too. The first swollen bud to sprout new leaves or blossom.... magical.