Monday, September 18, 2006

Day One

Well, I didn't hit my 20 pages. I really didn't know what to expect, and I had a little trouble turning off the internal editor, but I really tried to just let go.
I worked for about an hour and a half in the afternoon while my kids were playing video games and then another hour and a half after they went to bed after I had dinner. I'm going to stop now so I'm fresh for tomorrow. Tomorrow is one of my writing days. The little one is in Mother's Day Out from 9-2, so minus pick-up and drop-off time, I get about four hours, give or take. Then I can squeeze in more time after dinner tomorrow too, so I'm hoping to make up for being short today.

Today I wrote a little over 13 pages! And I actually think I'll be able to use a decent amount! I'm still hoping for that stream of consciousness stuff that slowly morphs from drivel to brilliant, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Either way, I wrote 13 pages that I can fix and tweak and edit. That's definitely something!

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes! I really appreciate the support!

4 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

That's awesome! I'm inspired :)
Better to aim for 20 pages and end up with 13 then to think, "Gee, I should probably do some writing today" and end up with, "But then again, there's always tomorrow..."

Good job!

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Trish, that's so true. Alyssa, good job!! Hope you're rocking and rolling today.

xxxx said...

That is so good! I definitely need a shot of your discipline :)

Sara Hantz said...

WOW, 13 pages.... that's awesome!!!